Enterprise Intelligence: Your Future Depends On It
Implementing artificial intelligence (AI) across your enterprise to solve business challenges is a no-brainer. It is table stakes today, but where businesses fail is in their inability to garner their enterprise intelligence through data, AI and human expertise and remove obstacles that inhibit their business strategy. Insights can reveal critical needs and keep your business on a path to success. AI in the form of an intelligent virtual assistant (IVA), or chatbot, is a key way to improve your KPI results by simplifying and accelerating the achievement of customer and employee tasks.
- Improve your competitive advantage and operations
- Keep your organization nimble and relevant
- Help you meet changing customer and employee needs
- Guide your business strategy into the future
Leverage AI Data Insights to Drive Your Strategy
The history of business is littered with companies that failed to keep pace with changing preferences. Tech firms are especially prone to misreading consumers. Check out this article about top technology failures.
You can avoid this pitfall with enterprise intelligence derived from AI data combined with human expertise. Imagine what the outcome of these business cases might have been if the companies had applied AI data to their business strategies.
- Toys “R” Us, a former “category killer” that was forced to liquidate its U.S. stores, suffered from multiple problems. One of them was technology – namely, failing for years to develop its own e-commerce website. It didn’t listen to its own data nor market demand. According to a Bloomberg profile, “…when it finally upgraded its technology to allow customers to check out in fewer than five steps, it was already a half-decade behind.”
- After leading the market for years, BlackBerry “crumbled” in the smartphone category for several reasons, including being slow to react to major market changes such as consumer preferences for touchscreens vs. mini keyboards. The PalmPilot was the predecessor to fail in that space.
Neither understood that their status quo perspective wouldn’t survive the technology adoption lifecycle.
AI Powers Continuous Improvement
Conversational AI-powered IVAs and enterprise chatbots allow individuals and computer systems to communicate in real time, in ways that feel natural and personal. The self-service environment is then empowered to deliver what customers and employees need.
A big advantage is AI’s contribution to continuous improvement – to help you stay at the cutting edge of ever-changing customer and business demands.
- For instance, your conversational AI platform may be asked for a product or service that your business doesn’t currently provide. That’s an opportunity to fill a need you might not have known about.
- Your conversational AI system may reveal that customers no longer need or want to use an existing self-service channel. In this enterprise chatbot use case, Alaska Airlines was able to eliminate the live chat feature on their website because customers heavily preferred interacting with the intelligent virtual assistant (IVA).
Tips for Using AI for Long-Term Success
- Implement AI for internal, as well as external benefits – to make both more intelligent and provide a better experience
- Offer conversational AI through self-service – enterprise-grade IVAs are a great place to start
- Share intelligence and insights throughout your organization – for true enterprise visibility and KPI results
- Capitalize on human intelligence (internal experts, vendors and technology partners) – AI data is critical but needs human experts to maximize
- Identify areas that lack insights – as they could cost you in revenue, brand loyalty and customer satisfaction
Share These Types of Intelligence to Extend Value and Investment
- Self-service and omnichannel interaction data
- Customer relationship management (CRM) and other enterprise data
- Language models for conversational AI implementations
- Knowledge based content – what works and doesn’t, and how content can be extended to other audiences
Human + Computer Intelligence = Adaptable Business
How does conversational AI help your enterprise adapt quickly? By analyzing real-world conversations, determining each customer’s intent (purpose or motivation) and applying the results to enable the system to learn and improve.
This requires a combination of AI technology and human expertise.
- A conversational AI system must be able to analyze large quantities of unstructured and structured data from automated and live interactions, from voice self-service to social media posts.
- Data scientists must review these analyses and identify issues, trends and opportunities, and fine-tune the platform to address them.
In other words, data analysis plus human intelligence skills continuously improve the conversational AI technology by creating new intents – and refining existing intents – to solve customer problems accurately and consistently.
Conversational AI can help your enterprise modernize and avoid the fate of technology laggards. But more important, it’s an incredibly powerful tool for pinpointing – and answering – the demands of often fickle customers.
IVAs and Enterprise Chatbots: Which Conversational AI Solution is Right for You?
Read our eBook: